Our Moodle installation:
Cent OS 5.4
In order to change our max upload size we had to change 2 variables in our php.ini file. The php.ini file is located in the /etc directory. I use the nano editor to edit the file.
Here are the steps:
- cd etc
- nano php.ini (opens the php.ini file in the nano editor)
- look for the post_max_size variable and change it as follows
- post_max_size = 30M (change the 30 to whatever size you want)
- look for the upload_max_filesize variable and change it as follows
- upload_max_filesize = 30M (change the 30 to the same size as the post_max_size variable)
- ctrl-x (to exit the nano editor)
- Y (to save the file)
- Restart your box
That should do it. When the server comes back up you will be able to upload and post up-to 30MB files.